January 25th, 2015
So as my lovely wife heads to Story City this afternoon to hang-out with her Grandmother, I think it would be a good idea to jump on and update her current situation to all of her blog friends.
Missy is steadily progressing through another pregnancy in only Missy fashion. “What exactly does that mean,” you may say. Well let me explain.
1) We will inevitably cycle through various phases of cravings. Ice Cream, Animal Crackers, Salsa’s, etc… It’s always interesting to come home and look in the fridge to see what concoction was made today.
2) Missy becomes an absolute oven when pregnant. In case you weren’t aware, it’s currently Winter in Iowa. When I go to bed, it’s cold. I would like nothing more than to cuddle up with my better half under a comforter and let our backsides keep each other warm. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Missy is “SO HOT” all the time, that there are many nights that she doesn’t even use the blankets on the bed. I know what you are thinking, “Poor J.” Please, don’t feel sorry for me. All I can think about is how uncomfortable she must have been with the other 4 kiddos, when she was going through the pregnancies during the Summer months. She says it’s hot all the time now, I can only imagine how bad it was when she was pregnant in August and September with the other 4 kiddos!
3) Missy is a bird. What do I mean by that? The NESTING has begun. In fact it started a ways back. Baby clothes have started to be sorted, arrangements and plans are already being made for where the baby will sleep and where things will go.
4) The never ending search for the “perfect” name is also underway. I get 2-3 texts every day of additional options to add to the possible name list. I’m going to be totally honest here, I can’t even remember half the names she has sent my way. But, I put on the good face every afternoon when I come home. She’ll ask, “what did you think of the names I sent you?” I counter with the perfect, “yeah, those are good options, we’ll have to consider them.” Secretly acknowledging the fact that I don’t remember what she sent me earlier today.
5) And likely the most important fact about Missy being pregnant, she is a PROFESSIONAL!!!! I’m sure there are some really good pregnant women out there. They probably never get sick, are always glowing about how enjoyable the experience is, or maybe they never complain about having to cram on some maternity jeans that they swore they would never wear again. Missy on the other hand, is a realist. She acknowledges that her body is literally making room for another living human being, and she’s cool with it. She knows that there are days that she’s just not gonna be with it, but she trudges on and keeps this mad house running. Essentially what I’m getting at is that she’s amazing.
In closing I think this is an excellent forum to reiterate that I am the luckiest guy. Having this amazing women a part of my life and raising my children is hands down the best decision I’ve ever made. I’m pretty lucky, and hopefully she knows just how much I value her as a friend, confidant, partner, parent, teammate, boss, and wife.
January 25th, 2015